Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas with a 3-year-old

Ugh, I've been dragging my feet finishing up these holiday posts, but I'm determined to do it - AND I'm not changing my background 'til I do!  So...here I go.  Time to finish!


I've said it in a few other posts how much fun Kate was this holiday season, but there are a few things I want to remember specifically - so I know I better write them down!

--every time we got in the car with her she pointed out *ALL* the lights we passed by.  *ALL* - "Oh look Mommy! Lights!"  Every time it was like we had never seen them before.

--she learned a few Christmas songs including Jingle Bells and We Wish You A Merry Christmas, but our all time favorite was when she tried to sing Deck the Halls, and when she got to the part about joining the chorus, she sang about the "jolly walrus" over and over.  We laughed lots about this.

--just like with the lights, she was thrilled anytime we saw a tree out in public.  She pointed it out & wanted to make sure I saw it too

--When I first put up the tree, I had told her about how she couldn't touch it, so every time we saw a tree or lights that were within her reach she made sure everyone knew, "Don't touch the wights!"


I'm sure I've already forgotten some, so maybe I'll be back to post more.  So looking forward to having more kids get even older & more excited about the holidays.  Looking forward to her learning more and more about the real reason we celebrate & also watching her enjoy the fun/silly parts too!

1 comment:

Janette said...

"Jolly walrus"...that is too adorable! That's one of my favorite things about little kids. When you tell them a new word that sounds nothing like anything they've heard before, they just adapt to something more familiar. :)