Tuesday, December 27, 2011

We now interrupt...

Interrupting our Christmas updates to let you in our latest news on Baby #3.


We had a sonogram today & were thrilled to find out that everything measures perfectly on track and she appears to be completely healthy.  I was telling David on the way there, that right before I always feel a little nervous that I haven't seen the baby in awhile & I always wonder what the "news" will be.  I always know we'll be fine & be able to handle whatever we hear, but it is refreshing for this mommy to be able to hear that everything looks "perfect"!

We also found out that we are having ANOTHER GIRL!  Neither one of us were surprised.  We hadn't really had any feeling either way, but last night all of the sudden, I just sort of to only think of it as a girl &  David told me this morning he felt the same!


As with anything that you have "hopes" for, there was a little disappointment, since we'd love to have the experience of adding a little boy to our family, but not the kind of disappointment that lasts.  And, it's not like we plan on being done having kids!  I know it may sound weird to say that I'm "disappointed".  It's not like I'm disappointed to be having a girl or that I'll always wish she was a boy.  Just having to adjust to what I thought would be "best".

I think most people assume David would be the one to really be disappointed - you know a "man & his son", and I think he does feel some of that, but strangely, I'm really the one who has to think/deal.  He is SUCH a good "girl dad".  He's so good at dressing up, justifying their feelings, holding them while they cry, and has even mastered putting on tights & putting in bows!  My girls are blessed.

We are looking forward to seeing how this little girl adds to our family & what the bigger plans are that we don't know about yet.

2 comments:

Mer said...

Think of all those shopping trips later one. It's gonna be a blast! Girls stick FO EVA!!!!!!!! I'm so thankful she's perfect.What a sweet little profile!

Anonymous said...

that's such a cute picture of you at the doctor's office!
and don't worry, this can be the sporty girl lol

-Bethany (mitchell)