Monday, December 12, 2011

We Like to Party Double Time

As I started thinking about upcoming birthdays, I was pretty sure I was going to figure out a way to make sure my girls each had their own special day.  Well, practicality took over and I decided to create a double party - and I think it turned out pretty well!  The girls both seemed to have a great time, I know we did, and I think our guests did too - I'll call that success!

It turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL day, which was great so the kids could play outside!


While they were waiting to eat, the kids also got to paint (one of Kate's all time favorite activities these days!) frames as a party favor, that could later hold their photo booth picture!
Kate & Nana


The Wilson girls

playing in the playroom


 We had what is becoming a traditional party meal at our house - hot dogs & chili.




 After lunch we got out the cake & candles and each girl was sang to.  I did manage to pull off doing that separately.  This year, Kate really understood more & had so much fun with everyone singing to her!


My girl loves icing






 Hannah wasn't so sure about the cake.  I tried to help her out, but for a long time she wanted none of it.
 Poppa tried to show her how good it was...

Kate even tried...
 So, we let her have a little space while Kate opened presents...

 And she quickly decided she'd give it a try.

 She caught on pretty quick.


 Pretty sure this girl loves her some cake too!

I can't believe I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old.  Like they say, the days sure are slow, but the years are flying by.  I loved getting to celebrate them!

No comments: