Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful Tree Wrap-Up

I am waiting on some pics from my brother-in-law to wrap up our Thanksgiving posts before I move on to December & all the fun that that will be.

In the meantime, I thought I'd give a little update on our Thankful Tree project.  I loved doing this.  I don't know that I'd call it a complete success as far as daily completion by the whole family (ahem...David), BUT personally, I loved the reminder to stop daily & write a specific thing I was thankful for that day.  


I also really enjoyed asking Kate what she wanted to thank God for.  It was so fun hearing her little answers.  A couple times I had to give her a few ideas to choose from, but usually she was very specific.  Juice, "weegurt"(yogurt), and Bethany Bergman made the list.  Bethany was a funny story - Kate had a major crush on Trevor as a one-year-old, but as she moves into her threes, her love for Bethany far shadows her previous crush.  She is always excited when Bethany comes over, and the day I asked her what she was thankful for & she told me Bethany, I asked, "And Trevor, Jackson, & Baby Jordan?"  She replied, "No, just Bethany!"  ha!  Love this girl!

 We thanked God for jobs to provide for our family, Kate FINALLY pooping in the potty, Sonic drinks, that "thou changest not, thy compassions they fail not", friends who know us without us having to explain ourselves, and so much more.
 I look forward to this tradition in our family.  I will love getting to see this tree become filled each year as my children grow (and my husband remembers! hehehe!), and to hear what they are thankful for, but mostly for me to have the chance to stop & really think about it.
Our hearts are filled with gratitude, and we look forward to moving into the season of celebrating our Savior's birth.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I love your thankful tree! Such a neat idea!

Courtney said...

Doing this next year. Remind me.