After our big sonogram, we headed over to the airport, David could join the rest of his family in Angel Fire to ski. The girls and I decided to stay back in Austin since I couldn't ski, we'll be going again soon, and let's face it a 10-hour drive for just a long weekend doesn't really sound *that* fun with a 3 year old and 1 year old.
I told David he should do a guest post for his trip - but he says he enjoys being the silent partner, so I'll do my best to retell the stories. :-)
I got a text from one of my best college friends, Ashley, the day before David left saying that they were going to be in Angel Fire at the same time as David! David was really excited to get to see them (Randy, Ashley, Scott & Alden) & spent the first two days skiing with them too! I was only a little jealous that they got to spend all that time together!
| David with Scott & Alden |
At the end of the first day, David told me that this guy had plowed him over that day. He sent me a picture of the guy....
...SERIOUSLY?!? THEY LET HIM SKI LIKE THAT??? Apparently so! David said you could even hear him making the little throaty Chewbacca sounds! David said they hit so hard that it knocked off the other guy's costume head, and the helmet he had on underneath! David was sure that one of them had to be hurt, but somehow they both escaped fine! He saw him the next day to get this picture & apparently Chewy was still pretty sore!
The last day David spent the day skiing with the rest of his family that had been in ski school at the beginning of the week...
| David & his littlest sister - Emily |
| Dan, Emily, David & Bethany |
2 comments:
It was great to get to ski with David! And as someone who witnessed the Chewbacca incident of 2011, I just knew that one of them was going to be seriously hurt! It was BAD! So glad David and the wookie were ok - crazy wookie! Missed seeing you! Let's plan a bandits trip! :)
Sidenote - Randy and I were saying it would be fun for all of us to come together to ski. He said, "Yeah, but who would stay with the kids while we skiied?" I said, "Whoever is pregnant!" He said, "Oh, well then Courtney." Ha! Except you're kind of catching up to her... :)
Post a Comment