Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's go time...

...or at least that's what my countdown says. Not so much of what my body says though. I just got home from the doctor, so here's the update for the week.

There definitely is some progression. I am now 80% effaced (yay!) and my cervix has moved into postition for labor (whatever that means!). Still no dialation, but she wasn't surprised. Again, she told me not to worry about that at all.

I am also having consistent contractions. I started a few days ago having random contractions, but nothing that I thought much about. Then, last night I started having them about every 20 minutes. Nothing painful - but I was at least aware of them. I was able to sleep & this morning they were more like every 10-12 minutes. Still, again not painful at all. At the doctor's office, she put me on the monitor and was able to tell that I'm having contractions every 3-5 minutes. They still aren't super strong, but another good sign.

So, what does this all mean. We don't know. I asked Dr. Martin that even though she can't tell for sure, could she at least guess, and she gave me about the same answers. Could be today, could be tomorrow, or could have to be induced! The most feeling I got from her was that it would in the next couple days. She did schedule my inducement for next Tuesday if nothing has happened by then. I also have an appointment to be monitored on Thursday afternoon of this week also.

So, I'm off to walk a few miles, eat some Mexican food, etc. so that we can move this thing along. Just kidding. It would be great if these contractions got stronger though! I defintely wouldn't mind today or tomorrow!!!

7 comments:

michelle said...

Oh my goodness it's so exciting!!

Janette said...

Yay! I'll tell you the advice my sister-in-law gave me (maybe it'll work better for you!)--the way that you got her in there is the best way to get her out! :) I look forward to my phone call!!

The Mitchell Family said...

The nurses gave us the same advice as we were leaving the office!

RanAshKenCoop said...

This is a family site!! C'mon Kate... We are ready to welcome you to the club - randy

Courtney said...

I'm so excited. I can't wait for the phone call...
I tried to call today but didn't reach you!

Anonymous said...

oh come on, today would have been perfect with my work/school schedule! I would have been able to be there! ...you know, this little girl is already being stubborn.

...and I'm going to pretend I didn't read the 2nd and 3rd comments on this page.

-bethany

Becky Kiser said...

oh this is so fun! i'm so happy for you!!!