Friday, December 5, 2008

Ok, she can come now...

Kate's Room

We finally finshed Kate's nursery. It's been very close for awhile now, but just needed a few details to be completed. Well, they're completed - she can come now!

Now we just need more pictures of our sweet girl to put in the frames!
My mom and her talented friend Liz made the cornace for the window!


Kate's handy Daddy hanging the cornace



Deck the Halls

Last weekend, my parents were in town & we had a super productive weekend. Not only did we finish Kate's room, but my mom & I finished my Christmas shopping, and wrapped all the presents! We also got out all my decorations for Christmas, and got my house decorated! David and I decorated the tree last night - so now the house is completed. I guess she can come now!
Us in front of our decorated tree - it's kind of shadowy - but there's a shot of my belly for ya!



Kate's Nana (my mom) got her a new stocking!






Fence Building



While my mom and I were busy - so were the boys. Between October thru December, my parents were going to be here 4 different weekends(for showers & such), and my dad loves to have a project. His idea this time was a privacy fence. David & I had talked about this a few times before, but when we had it bid out, it was way too expensive & David didn't know how to do it, so we just hadn't. Since Dad had some experience, David decided to take advantage of the offer. They have worked hard, and it's almost finished. Did I mention we have a HUGE backyard??


Digging the first postholes



My brother was in town one weekend & helped set the runners!



David had a youth event (does playing paintball count as ministry?) so I helped Dad set the last post. See - even I helped!

David & Dad with his fancy new nail gun!!



Isn't he too cute?



The finished corner! Didn't they do a great job???



There's a few things left to be completed, but they're almost finished. The way I see it, Kate won't need the backyard for a little while at least - so I vote she can go ahead and come even though they're not finished ;).



Can you tell I'm ready for her to come??


...any day now...



PS. I can't get my font to go back to normal size. I have tried a billion times. I'm done trying.































6 comments:

Courtney said...

Love the room and the Christmas decorations! Now all you need is a baby!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should have Kate on monday night (sometime after 4:30) so I can be at the hospital...yeah, so you should work on that =)

-Bethany

Anonymous said...

The room is adorable and yes I hope Kate comes any day now. Can't wait to see who she looks like. Still praying for you.
Jackie

RanAshKenCoop said...

Nice fence Dave! Amy, nice work on all the girl things.

Miss you guys, Randy, Ashley, and Kendall

Becky Kiser said...

that might be the cutest nursery i have EVER seen. love it!

Jaime said...

I love the nursery! I love the black furniture, you don't see that very often! Great choice!

The Christmas decorations and fence look great, too. Y'all have been busy!! :-)