Monday, December 22, 2008

10 days


Ten days ago our lives changed forever.

I can't believe our baby is 10 days old. The days have gone so quickly, but at the same time it seems like an eternity ago that we were headed to the hospital.

I didn't make it online to do a one-week update, so here are some things we have learned about our little Kate in the past 10 days...

--She is a great sleeper - she is sleeping about an hour just before each time she feeds, but the best part is at night she's going about 4-5 hours between each feeding. That means, if I stay up for her late night feeding (11:30), I only get up once at night.

--She hates to be cold. She will fuss until you cover her up.

--That means she hates to have her diaper changed, because she ends up cold.
--Overall, she is super easy: flexible if I need to move feeding times around, great at riding in the carseat, etc.
--But, she DEFINITELY has a mind of her own. When she knows she wants something (to eat, to be covered up, etc) she wants it done immediately. I am quite sure we will be purchasing "The Strong-willed Child" in our future!
--She loves to eat. She started out only eating about 15-20 minutes at each feeding - but in the past two days has decided she needs about 30 minutes. I'm not sure if it's a growth spurt or her new norm - but she is not having it if I try to finish the feeding time early :)
--She is so strong - she can push up on us and move her head all around.
--She almost always has her feet crossed. Such a lady.
--She hates to have her hands tied down. I swaddle her at night, but she spends the first 5 minutes of each evening trying to figure out if she can work them out. If you catch her during the day though, she's usually got her hands out of her blanket.
--She is a MOVER. She will lay in your lay and just move her arms and legs all around. Hopefully this means she will enjoy exercising like her Dad, instead of hating it like her Mom!
I am sure there are many more things I am forgetting, but most people are probably bored by now, so I'll wrap this up. I can't wait to learn even more about this little girl who has already got us wrapped around her finger!
Hopefully it won't take me forever to get my next post up. Until then, enjoy some new pictures!



4 comments:

Janette said...

Yay, I've been waiting for an update! :) We have that same "Who needs Santa, I've got grandparents!" shirt. :) We'll see you tomorrow when we bring you some grub! Oh, and maybe the whole being "strong" thing is a girl thing. She's the third girl baby that I know that is really strong. :) (Karys is one of the other ones!)

RanAshKenCoop said...

Yea! New update! We've been checking. I love the new pictures and all the things you're learning. How fun. And that second to last picture looks so much like David to me! She is just beautiful and I am glad yall are having fun! Merry Christmas!

Courtney said...

It's about time you put some new pictures up! I check each evening before bed and nothing!! :) I can't believe how much she's changed again. I can't wait to meet her. I hope to get up there before school starts back...even if it's a short day trip! I love seeing pictures and hearing about her so keep updating! Miss you!

Mommy Lion said...

WOW, she's already 10 days old. Time does fly. I should now this by now. Enjoy every little minute! By the sounds of it you are doing a great job . . . it's the little details that you will forget . . . So glad we have blogs! *wink*