Thursday, June 17, 2010

No Paci Bootcamp - Day 1




Doesn't that sweet baby girl look so peaceful?

I wish I could've let her keep her pacifier until she was graduating from high school. But, apparently it's bad for their teeth & probably a little socially unacceptable.

So, because of many factors - 2nd birthday & new baby coming in December, moving, but most of all, we'll be moving her to a toddler bed soon & the idea of her being able to get out of bed everytime she was made about her paci forced me to do it!

So, last night was our first night. It was DEFINITELY not fun, but could've been worse. I gave her a pillow (since she'll be using one for her new big girl bed in a month) hoping it would give her something new to focus on. She cried for an hour. I was ok until she started yelling "momma! paci! momma! paci!" But, good thing David was here & I stayed strong. She woke up 2 times during the night that were very short though - maybe 5 minutes. Worst part of all in my opinion is she woke up an hour early. I REALLY hope that doesn't become a new norm.

Naps
Her first nap today started at 9:45.
10 minutes of crying - then a sleeping baby
this time i turned on some classical music very low. This always helped her when she was an infant if she couldn't settle down - figured it couldn't hurt to try!
45 minutes later - she woke up screaming
I went ahead and got her up hoping it would make for a better afternoon nap.

2nd nap - 3:00
music again
430 minutes of off & on crying
3:30 - finally asleep
4:00 - crying again. I hope she'll learn to put herself back to sleep eventually!
4:45 - threw blanket over the side. With no hope of going to sleep without that I went in to give it back to her. I attempted to rock her. She just kept pointing at the door yelling "go!"

So, barely any naps today. Maybe tonight will be better?

I sure hope so.

No comments: