Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy 18 Months, Kate!

Took me awhile to get this month's update up. I am DEEP in packing mode! At least I finally included some videos again!



We went in for Kate's 18 mo well check last week. Dr. McCrory said her growth was fantastic & was very entertained by her monkey sounds the whole time we were there (the room is decorated in them!). She was 28 lbs (90%) and 33.25 in (90%). I'm so thankful for my healthy girl! All of the videos are from her appointment. We had to wait 40 minutes! So, I was trying to keep her entertained!!


This month Kate...


--makes the surprised face like she used to when she was around 10 months old...I LOVE IT!


--says "bonk" when she bumps into things


--added the horse sound "naaay", monkey "eee eee eee", pig


--finally changed up to the real word. She used to say "muh" but finally says "up"

--anytime she is finished with something she says all done "nuh nuh" over and over & HAS to give it to me. She cannot just set it down. It's nice that she doesn't put things all over the floor, but it's difficult when I'm driving.

--started counting. She gets to 10 with some help. Maybe I can catch this on video. Sometimes she can get the entire thing, but when she gets confused, she just says six (ix) until you get there. I guess it's her favorite! "wahn" "too", 'tree" "fah" "fie" "ix" "sebe" "aaa" "ni" "ten!!!" She just did this out of no where! I didn't even know she knew how, but now she wants to do it all the time!

--LOTS of new words this month - chip, oh boy "ahh boy", all right "all ri", pretty "pre-ee", Toby (my parent's dog) "tobi", off, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, juice "doose" (I LOVE for her to say this, she purses her lips up like a kiss & says it!), love you "luh oo", monkey "munk-ee"


--she got "doose" for the first time this month. She usually just drinks water, but since she's been refusing to eat veggies lately, I started adding some V8 juice to her water. Don't know if it's helping, but it makes me feel better!

--teeth: has all 4 of her first set of molars - top & bottom

--also started saying some words totally correct by adding the end sound - milk, eat, etc.

--added saying wide "whyyy" on Deep & Wide. Says the "Eyes, and Ears, and Mouth & Nose" on Head & Shoulders

--Loves songs with motions - used to distract her often

--plays imagine much more

-- starting to put 2 words together. Usually the words start to get mixed up though - like she tried to say "bye bye daddy" and it came out "bye bye dee" even though she says them individually clearly. I can't wait for this to continue to grow. It is so fun to be around my nephew last week who was speaking in little sentences!

--plays this game everytime David comes home from work. He usually picks her up, then she pushes our faces together to make us kiss, then she kisses each of us individually. Sometimes she makes us kiss multiple times. We don't mind :)

--scowls at new people until she decides what to think about them. ALWAYS at men. New men are NOT her favorite people.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so precious, we can't wait to have her here. Kind of sad that it's her last picture in her chair in her first bedroom/nursery.