1st Anniversary - July '06 - Hot Springs, AR - stayed at a great hotel walking distance from downtown. We notice lots of girls as the weekend goes by - A CHEERLEADING COMPETITION - in our hotel! The elevator rides were entertaining to say the least
Valentine's Day '08 - David planned a weekend for us in Dallas. We stayed at the hotel next to that building with the big ball on the top (can't remember the name!) As we checked into the hotel, I began looking around, and again TONS of young girls. ANOTHER Cheer Competition in our hotel. We definitely asked for a room that didn't face the lobby area where they loved to hang out.
Trip to Visit Renee - Denver '10 - as we waited in the airport, David made a comment about how many young girls were walking around us, with just their moms. When we got on the plane, we realized THEY WERE ALL WITH US.
Oh my.
Don't get me wrong, I love me some teenage girls....I've worked with many youth groups, I taught junior high, but when you don't know the girls or are trying to have a relaxing trip with your husband they aren't my favorite traveling partners :)
Turns out it was a volleyball team coming to Denver for a tournament, but by the end of the plane ride, they had somehow made friends with a stewardess & there had been announcements about people's first plane rides, their birthdays (along with a song), and being on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
I wonder where they'll follow us to next...
No comments:
Post a Comment