Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another Coupon post

Well, today I decided to get real brave & try to buy things with CVS & Walgreens. This takes math skills, and well, let's just say I'm lacking. All kidding aside, it definitely takes some planning, but I think it paid off! I'm still having a hard time comparing what I would've saved if I just bought it at WalMart/Target.

I got the diapers at Walgreens. I spent a total of $15.14. (plus I have $1 coupon to use there next week) Savings: $9 (Walgreens prices). I looked up what they would've cost at WalMart - $19.44. So, compared to that - Savings: $4.30. I'll take it - especially on Diapers! If you happen to have Pampers coupons this week that you're not using, I'd love to go buy more. So, let me know!!
I feel like CVS is where I really cashed in...
2 tubes of toothpaste
4 boxes of cereal
Total: $4.32
Savings: $20.82 - their prices.
Again, I never would've bought cereal at CVS before. But, I know for sure I would've spend AT LEAST 2 something a box at walmart, so I know I saved money big time.

I'm going to keep trying...