Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day!

David & I switched off babysitting with the Bergman's, so we got to go out for our Valentine's Date last night & we're watching Jackson tonight.

Before we left, David gave me a few gifts. He decided instead of spending money on flowers that would die, he'd get me these instead...



Isn't that too cute?? He put them in the vase and everything! So thoughtful :)

He also got me a few other things...a new mirror/key hanger (since he broke my old one), gum, and Twilight - AND he's going to watch it with me! Good to refresh before I finally get to see New Moon with Janette & Merrissa this week! I still haven't seen it!!Us before we left on our date...
We went to Texas Roadhouse. We called ahead at 5 o'clock and the wait was already an hour! We got there at 5:45 & didn't get seated til 6:20! IT WAS NUTS! So, we didn't make it to the movies as planned. Oh well, another day.

Instead, we made a stop by Starbucks, and went to a bookstore to look at house plans. Yes, we're old that sitting in a bookstore looking at house plans is a GREAT date for us!
Funny story...I got up to go to the bathroom at one point and when I came back this kid (see pic) was talking NONSTOP to David. He kept getting book after book off the shelf & asking David if he knew who the people were. Good thing David has a broad knowledge of wrestlers from his younger days.

We love each other :)


When we got home from lunch today, Kate got to open her presents...

A ball...which she is obsessed with these days.

Books...


Cookies! No worries - they're whole grain cinnamon cookies. I figured it was a good baby substitute for chocolate!Here she is signing PLEASE for me to open them!And her last present from Nana & Poppa...A bear & a book that sings Jesus Loves Me when you open it. She loves them both! Thank you!!
I did finally give her a cookie...Yum!



Hope you have a great Valentine's Day!!!

1 comment:

Janette said...

How fun!! Can't wait for New Moon. :) And that story about the kid in the bookstore made me laugh. :)