Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Last Coupon Post

So, hopefully from now on, I will spare you in all my couponing adventures, but I wanted to document my last few shopping trips.

First...Kroger 2/24



5 boxes Greeen Giant Frozen Veggies
2 bags of Jelly Beans
2 avacados
1 deoderant

original total: 18.79
paid: 8.17
saved: 10.62

All of these items were on a list that were 10/$10. I probably would've bought more, but we were headed out of town.

Kroger - 3/2

4 boxes
2 gallons milk

original total: 18.48
paid: 7.04
savings: 11.44

FOUR boxes of cereal AND TWO gallons of milk for $7?? I got excited about this one! Definitely saved some good money :)


Kroger - 3/3


4 Gushers/Snack bags
3 muffin mixes
4 cookie mixes
1 cake mix
2 cans icing
4 brownie mixes
2 pizza crusts
4 bags chex mix
2 packages of gogurt
2 packages of fiber 1 yogurt

originial total: $79.59
paid: 24.42
saved: 55.17


My best shopping trip yet! I saved 68%!!! Incredible. I broke my rule and bought a few things we didn't "need" or usually buy- brownie mixes, chex mix, etc., but I bought them for 2 reasons - 1. David's birthday party is at the end of the week, so we'll use a lot of it then, 2. They're great for taking when I am responsible for bringing a snack to small group, bible study, MOPS or whatever :)

Also, some of my e-coupons didn't come off, so I reported it to the website & now I have $5 off my next shopping trip!

Walgreens - 3/3 - no picture :)

3 packages Huggies Diapers
2 packages Kotex
1 package Charmin Toilet Paper

original total: 50.80
spent: 27.30
saved: 23.50
real savings:

Really, at Target, these diapers are regularly 8.99...so with that price, I saved about $15. Still really great! We don't usually use Huggies, but I can stop being particular about it to save money. Well, sort of. I still haven't bought store brand diapers. Maybe someday...
I also have $5 walgreens coupon to use next time I go back.



Overall, I'm enjoying the coupon process. I am definitely saving money, and not buying things just because they're a good deal - tons of shampoo, etc. I definitely have a few regrets - ways I could've saved more, but that's ok. I'm still learning.

What I still want to learn is how to price match at Wal-Mart so I can save on things like chicken, beef, etc. instead of just stocking the pantry stuff. Make sense?


Back to real-life blogging soon - David's birthday, trip to Denver, and of course the real reason you read....

more about this sweet girl :)

2 comments:

Janette said...

Okay, your latest Kroger deals were crazy good!!!! :) And I can tell you that Walmart store brand diapers are trash, Target's are pretty good, but we use the Member's Mark brand at Sam's (don't know if you have a card there or not)..$30 for 200 diapers and they're REALLY good quality. Just so you know. :)

Life with the Akin Clan said...

That is awesome!! I should have let you do our shopping this week. Don't worry about buying stuff you do not "need." If you can get it close to nothing or free, it's worth it. They always come in handy at one point. Like you said, for a snack that you forget about or just that late night craving for brownies while you are snuggling on the couch with you honey! ;-) On the beef and chicken, we actually split half a cow with another family each year. We love this for several reasons. One-it's healthier and we know where the meat is coming from. two-it's actually cheaper for us. We spend $639 on this. I use the beef up in about 9 months. If you supplement other meats then you can make it last a year easily. This is for a family of five and we have guests over all the time. We are actually raising our own chickens now but you can find someone else to do it for you. It may be a lot of money up front but we have found in the long run it's a lot cheaper.

Sorry for the chapter! Saving money excites me! It means more money for fun things!