Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Morning

One of the great things about our year to have Christmas Day at the Mitchell's is that we get to have Christmas morning at home! Technically last year was Kate's first Christmas, but she was just 13 days old, so it really felt like this year was her first.

We woke up on Christmas morning around 9 (Kate's Christmas present to mommy & daddy!) to open our gifts to each other.



Do you wonder where she gets that hair from??

This is the look we get when we tell Kate to smile these days!


First it was Kate's turn...
Kate with her presents

Opening presents with Daddy


with the pillow I made her

Then we opened our gifts...

Ok, let it be known, I am SPOILED by my husband. If you know us very well, you know I'm the money spender in our house. David is VERY careful with money & does a great job keeping our house on a good budget. But, when it comes to giving gifts, he is thoughtful & SO GIVING. This year was no different.

I have begged & talked endlessly about how EVERYONE has a DVR except us (do I sound like a teenager??). Well, even with a busted stomach, David went to the cable company the week before Christmas & upgraded our package and we now have DVR!!!
I am also now the proud owner of a Slap Chop! I can't WAIT to use it!!!
And the biggest surprise & splurge of all! A new MacBook! I'm typing on it as we speak and it is AMAZING! Our computer was beginning to show signs of dying, but I never expected us to get a Mac. Oh I dreamed, and I hoped...but never believed.

Next up: Christmas Day with the Mitchell's

2 comments:

Janette said...

Awesome!! :) I love the pics...you have the best surprise/happy faces. :)

Mer said...

WOWWW!!! That was a big surprise! You will LOVE the mac. I was kindof Mac resistant and grumpy but after a week....my new best friend:) Sweet pics of the kids.