While I was in Austin, I wanted to take Kate's 9 month portraits because there are SO MANY amazing places to do it! My sister-in-law let me drag her and my nephew along to get some pictures of the two of them while I was at it!
Well, I've got some serious learning to do. It's a piece of cake taking a kid's picture who just sits there, or maybe can crawl away, but can be easily distracted by a song. Taking a pictures of a very active little boy is a WHOLE NEW project.
A lot of the pictures look like this...
Well, I've got some serious learning to do. It's a piece of cake taking a kid's picture who just sits there, or maybe can crawl away, but can be easily distracted by a song. Taking a pictures of a very active little boy is a WHOLE NEW project.
A lot of the pictures look like this...

My mom & Kristin trying to set the kids up, then run out of the picture as fast as they could. I would start snapping pictures fast in hopes of getting one before Connor could run away.
But he was just too fast for me...


I haven't had time to edit them yet...but we did end up with some really cute ones. We found this perfect place where we could sit Kate, and Connor ran back and forth b/t Cole & Kristin in this gazebo. I would be ready to get some really cute pictures when he ran back my way.
Just as a preview, here's one of my favorites...

And even better...

6 comments:
Cute pictures! If you ever figure out how to keep a 15 month old still let me know! Obviously I am still learning too. :) Had so much fun with you and Kate. Can't wait to see you again!
Love the pictures. Where did you get their shirts? Love those too!
We made them! Aren't we crafty ;)
Lovin' that!! The shirts are great too! :) What cuties. :)
the shirts are amazing! The lighting on your pics are great. It won't be long and they will start sitting still for just a few minutes.. bribery..usually food will help ;)
haha...this post made me giggle and can I tell you, "welcome to my full time job!" As much as I love weddings, i've been doing a lot of families lately with young children and it's always an interesting time! That's why I'm considered a 'lifestyle' portrait photographer! Capturing life as it happens instead of waiting for them to sit down and look at the camera!
Post a Comment