Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy 9 Months Kate!

I am so far behind! Between starting MOPS, a new Beth Moore bible study, a new small group for David & I, and a new business last week, somehow, I just didn't sit down to write this post! I did remember to actually take her picture on the 12th though...so it's legit!



This month Kate...


--learned how to climb
--started crusing around furniture. I need to get this on video!
--still sleeping the same. I just won't complain about a quiet dinner during that 45 minute night time nap!
--bounces when standing "dancing"
--still just 2 teeth. I swear...the next ones have GOT to be coming soon!
--can briefly (up to about 15 seconds) stand alone
--still a great eater - but has more opinions about things. She'll still eat everything I give her, but gets tired of green vegetables (peas & green beans) & starts turning them away. Oh well, if that's the worst of it, I'll take it!
--eats mostly finger food instead of pureed food

--holds her own bottle
--says "ma-ma" & "da-da" - sometimes actually associated with us (mostly with Daddy), but also just says it while babbling
--did I mention the babbling??? This girl talks ALL THE TIME. And this month it got LOUD! She just yells for the fun of it!

--still such a "studier" - here she is checking out Daddy's eyes. She picks a different part of his face all the time & just looks at it and touches it over and over. So cute!

--mimics even more - when asked to make a noise she will
--is so happy. Everywhere we go people ask if she's always smiling. I love it!

--sits with her toes pointed. She's been doing this for awhile, but I always forget to blog/take pictures. I just love it.




--said her first word...

haha...not really. I am NOT counting that as her first word. She has no idea what it means. I have no idea why she started saying it, but now she will say it anytime you ask her to! So funny!

Just in the past 4 day since she turned 9 months old she's started waving and eating all table foods so hopefully I'll get those posts up soon!

I just can't believe we're 3 months away from having a 1 year old. Seriously. It's just too fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is just too cute and too fun! We miss you Kate! Thank you for calling us last night. We can't wait for you to come see us.

Kristin said...

Haha!! I love the video! That is great. I also love the picture of her holding her bottle. She looks so grown up. Only 3 more months! :)