Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy 6 Months Kate!



I just can't believe my baby is half a year old!

This month Kate:

--can sit independently - no need for Mommy to stay close anymore!


--finally broke completely free of the swaddle

--is still a happy, happy little girl :)
--is trying out water in a sippy cup


--loves to eat! So far, she has tried rice & oatmeal cereals, sweet potatoes, bananas, peas, & peaches


--sleeps on her tummy
--gets up on all fours & rocks back and forth

--wants to crawl SO BAD
-- can scoot around by twisting upper body & pushing off with legs when on her tummy

--recognizes her name when we call her

--starting to reach when she wants to be picked up

--cut her two bottom teeth (I think she's working on the top two right now!)


--is very observant - likes to "study" things around her

--can express her dissatisfaction when she doesn't get what she wants (she has learned a new whining noise...not our favorite ;)

This first half of the year has been so fun. We love getting to watch her grow & discover the world around her. I can only imagine that the second half will be even more fun!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

She's getting so big!!! She looks so grown up drinking from her sippy cup!

Kristin said...

Happy 6 months Kate! I am so glad I got to see you guys this past week. She is growing up so fast! I can't believe she can still wear that onesie in the first picture!

Janette said...

I can't believe that baby girl is half a year old already either!! :) She's so big and so much fun! (And just a tip for starting the sippy cup: the Munchkin brand has a spout that's basically a glorified bottle nipple in my opinion b/c it's made of silicone so it's really easy to get liquid out. It seemed to work as a great cup to learn with. :)

RanAshKenCoop said...

Happy Half Birthday, Kate! We can't wait to see you next weekend!

The Bynum's said...

Just thinking the same thing, wow can't believe she is half a year old. Look at her sitting up so well, like a big girl. These next 6 months it seems like they learn something new all the time. Hope you are all doing well.