Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hannah's Cupcake Party

We had Hannah's party the weekend after her birthday (trying to space it out from Kate's a little!), so it was on the 22nd -  right before Christmas!  Quite a few of our friends from in-town ended up being out of town, BUT we lucked out big time & ended up having lots of family and out-of-town friends in town to join us.  So much fun!

While planning Hannah's party, I told David I was feeling a little second-child guilt because when it came time for Kate's 2nd Birthday party, there was no question it should be a letter party.  She loved them, talked about them non-stop.  It was what she was interested in.  I felt like I didn't know what Hannah was interested in, because she tends to want to do/talk about whatever Kate is doing.  But the more David & I talked about it, one thing we know for sure that she loves is food.  So, a cupcake party it was!

The invitation...


I kept the same colors for her party as Kate's to simplify!  Just added some cupcake garland & cupcake decor all around!

We just did snacks & cupcakes!

We moved the party out to the garage again (easy clean up!) for a cupcake bar!
Each of the kids got an apron with their initial on it as their party favor (which came in handy with the icing all around!)
Connor with his first work of art!
In the middle of each table I had muffin tins with all of the fun toppings for them to decorate with! (Thank you, Pinterest!)


Alli working hard on her cupcake!



David & I with our birthday girl!

Adrianna with her cupcake!

Cole (my brother) helping Connor ice his cupcake

the littles spent much more time doing quality control than decorating


Nana & the birthday girl




I think double fisting is the best way to go when it comes to icing too, Carson!


check out all those toppings!






I realized during the party that Hannah had ALL of her Aunts and Uncles at her party!  What a special girl!

Cole & Kristin (my brother & SIL from Austin), Mandy & Ryan (David's sis & BIL from Brownwood, Bethany (David's sis), Angela & BJ (David's sis & her fiancee) and Emily (David's sis)
We were just missing Bethany's fiancee Wade :-(
We so enjoyed everyone - the kids each ate about 4 cupcakes & took home a few too, jumped on the trampoline & had a great time while the parents all enjoyed getting to visit!  What a great Birthday!

No comments: