Friday, February 3, 2012

The Toilet Paper Bandit

When we moved into this house, I intentionally picked out toilet paper holders that were SUPER easy to change.  Now, I'm not one of those women who feels passionately about things such as toilet seats being left up or changing rolls of toilet paper.  Always figured it took as much energy to change them out as it did to gripe at someone else about doing it.  So, I just never have.

But, we've been in this house a year now, and despite the new and improved holders, I find myself still being the one to change the roll.  In fact, in my observation, I often find a roll taken out of the cabinet and put on the back of the toilet.  Now, when you have to squeeze the little springy thing, take off the old one, put on the new one, all while squeezing the springy thing, then I get it.  Annoying.  But this one, you just slide it right on.


Again, not upset about it, more found it funny.  Having never said anything about it, before, for some reason on this night I did. I meant no criticism, really!  I really did think it was funny, and said so as we were getting ready for bed.

Well, I'll tell you that in this house David is not usually not the one who responds defensively when something not so perfect is pointed out.  Nooot this tiiiiiiime!  Hahahaha!  I'm laughing just thinking about it to type this.  He was not so pleased with my accusation that maybe he didn't put the roll on.  And really, I can't stop laughing at this point.  He is getting huffier.  I am laughing.  It's not good.

I stood by my claim, and he stands by his.  So, I just said I'd take a picture next time it happened, put the new roll on the holder (remember this part for later!), laughed again and climbed into bed.

So, what's the point of this little glimpse it our lives (and our bathrooms?).  Well, mostly to show you how funny of a man I live with.

During my nightly 4:30am trip to the potty (woohoo pregnancy!), this is what greeted me.



I laughed.

Out loud.


In the midst of his huffiness, he still pulled out the funny - taking the roll off on purpose.


And I still laugh every time I think about it. 

1 comment:

Courtney said...

This is hilarious! I'm pretty sure Trent has never pull a roll of toilet paper on, but we do have the annoying ones.
If I remember correctly...you are a little picky about which way the toilet paper is put on. You like the paper to come over the top. At least you did in college. I had never thought about it until you said something about it one time. Now I find myself making sure I put it on the 'right' way.