David & I talked on the way to Angel Fire about how neat it would be if this trip held some of Kate's earliest memories. (He remembers things from when he was 3. I do not!) While I would love for her to remember it, I know there are so many things I will never forget. I felt like I was on a sensory high - taking every moment in & just LOVING being with my family. For the most part we didn't do anything "special". It was just that we were together - the best gift ever!
I did snap a few pictures of some of the memories we created!
 |
| making "snow ice-cream" |
 |
| LOTS of sister playing |
 |
| movies in our PJs (at 2 in the afternoon!) |
 |
| painting |
 |
| wrestling with Daddy |
 |
| baking |
 |
| LOTS of silliness |
 |
| games |
 |
| nightly fires |
 |
| her first roasted marshmellow |
 |
| and first s'more |
 |
| little sister couldn't be left out! |
I think this might top my list. I talked David into playing NERTS on a whim one afternoon & it soon took over our trip. Why you ask? Oh. It's because HE CAN'T BEAT ME! It really does make me giggle even now. He would get SO IRRITATED - blaming it on luck, on the cards, on whatever he could, but he just can't do it. I'm not saying he never will, but come on. He told me he'd quit playing if he ever won. I can't let that happen! I should probably add (just for full disclosure!), this might be the only thing I can beat him at consistently.
We must've played multiple times a day & have played often since we got home. I LOVE it. I hope I never lose.
No comments:
Post a Comment