While in Angel Fire one night, David had said, "I don't really want to do anything like a party for my birthday." Well too bad buddy! I had just spent the whole day arranging for his friends to surprise him on Tuesday for a man's night of pizza & poker!
Pete helped me organize the guys. I talked one of David's favorite people - Jeremy - into make the trip over from Tyler. The guys were excited about this b/c they don't get to hang out much anymore since he moved. I tried to work out getting Cody to town from Austin, but that didn't work out. He did make a few phone calls during the night though!
David is rarely home late. 5:30 is the usual, with a few 6:00s thrown in there periodically. Well, a couple of guys were coming from Tyler, so I wanted to start the night early so they wouldn't be getting home way too late on a work night.
We decided they'd be there at 6 to surprise David - that I'd ask him to go wait in the bonus room while I got out a surprise I got him. Well, 6 o'clock came and David wasn't home, so I just went ahead and had his friends come inside. We got the poker table set up, and I thought he would be there any minute.
I kept getting text after text telling me he was on his way or that it would be just awhile longer. WELL. SEVEN O'clock FINALLY rolled around and then 7:15 David finally walks in. I felt so bad for the guys. They had just been waiting (having their own fun I'm sure). He's never late - and this one time - over an hour!!
I think they had a great time despite their late start :-) And, he did tell me later that this was the PERFECT party I could've done. Turns out I knew better all along :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment