Saturday, February 18, 2012

Breakfast With the Bandits

A few weeks ago (maybe it's been over a month now!), Michelle - the funniest bandit of all - came back from a 2 year Journeymen trip to Africa.  She's literally been living in the bush - no electricity and all that for a good bit of that time.  

I knew she was probably bombarded with people that wanted to see her, so I sent Ashley (lives in Lake Jackson) an email that if they were going to be in Ft. Worth (where Michelle is) any time soon to let me know & I would come over for the day so we could all grab lunch or something.  ALSO, my roommate & fellow Bandit, Courtney just had a baby and I was dying to meet little Karsyn.  (she lives north of ft. worth).

Well, somehow even though this group usually can't even come up with a weekend to get together in the summer, everything aligned & the Danes were coming up the same day we were going to be driving through on our way to Angel Fire!  So, we set up a breakfast at Chick Fil A so the kids could play while we caught up.


I love, love, love these women (and men).  I don't think I ever laugh as hard or come away as encouraged as when I'm with them.  I love that we just pick back up right where we left off.

Kendall checking out baby Karsyn
We managed to get a pic of all the kids that were present.  We were just missing Madison who was at school & baby Karsyn
Cooper (Courtney's), My girls, Cooper & Kendall (Ashley's)

And one of the Bandits with the kids

Courtney (with Karsyn), Me, Michelle
Cooper, Kate, Hannah, Cooper, Kendall & Ashley


And then we added the men to the group.  We missed Trent since he was at work :-(


Roomies
By this summer we will have added our little one & hopefully have Scott & Alden join us too!  Can't wait!

No comments: