When I turned 30 in November, David rocked it with my gifts. This year, he gave me himself - his time. One of the gifts I would have to wait for though - and it was well worth it! He promised to give me at least 10 uninterrupted days together as a family in Angel Fire, NM. I can't tell you how many hours I spent looking forward to this trip & it did not disappoint!
After our breakfast stop with the Bandits, we headed out for a looong road trip. The whole trip takes a total of 13 hours. That is if you don't travel with children. We managed to add a couple hours, but I do have to tell you that we could not BELIEVE how great the girls were.
There was lots of movie watching, pod-cast listening, book reading, and a whole lot of enjoying being together.
| this small miracle happened at one point! |
WELL.
David quickly discovered that the driveway (which is quite the incline) was too thick in snow & we were not going to make it up. As he put it in reverse to back down to where we could park we started to slide! YIKES!! We had come so far with no melt down, but we were in FULL melt-down mode at this point. Kids crying. Dad frustrated trying to figure out how to get us settled & Mom just trying to make everyone ok!
We quickly unloaded (did I mention that my kids have been up since 6am & it is now after 11pm??), carried kids & suitcases up the hill and tried to get beds made FAST! Kate was so tired she pulled her blanket & pillow into the living room and just laid down while I got beds ready! poor baby!
With kid settled, I moved on to our next set of business & called our emergency road side service that we have with our insurance. Thankfully, it was not a big deal and after a phone call I had us scheduled for a tow first thing in the morning! Whew!
I snapped these pics when the tow truck came...
I knew it was bad when even the tow truck was sliding around in the driveway! But he pulled us out with no problem & soon the snow plow came to clear out the driveway so that we could make it up for the rest of our trip. Saved!



1 comment:
loved 'catching up' with you on here. Looks like you guys had a GREAT trip. We really need to all go together sometime.
Post a Comment