When two people come together with their many traditions, sometimes it's hard to figure out how to make it all work for the new family. I'll give you a little picture of our backgrounds
While neither are "right", our Christmas tree backgrounds differ pretty dramatically. David's family had a fake tree. My family not only had a real tree, but for most of my childhood, we went to a tree farm and cut down our own tree.
So, it took me a couple years to convince David that real was what our family should do. We compromised that while in apartments we would do fake - a good compromise I think! I decided to back off of the cutting trees down idea until our kids are old enough to get it, so until next year - to Home Depot we go!
The bad news is that's not where our differences end. David is rational, and wants a tree that goes well in our home. I on the other hand want to get the BIGGEST tree we possibly can. I want it to rub the ceiling, and bulge out into the room. We have the same discussion each year as we banter back and forth about if it's really "too big" or not!
Well, I've won the past few years, but this year I agreed to a reasonable sized tree. Don't get me wrong - I understand by most people's standards a 9 foot tree is large. But, we have 10 foot ceilings, so really...it's a foot too short! ha!


1 comment:
the picture at the bottom is so cute!
-bethany
Post a Comment