Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Baby #3 Update

I went in for my monthly check-up yesterday.  I am just about 12 weeks, so it was time to get to hear the heartbeat.  We had seen it on the original sonogram at 7 weeks, but hadn't heard it.  Well, we still haven't. Baby wasn't interested in the doppler machine, which meant I got to have another sonogram!  Fine by me!

In case you're not fluent in sonogram reading - baby's head is on the right looking straight at the screen (which gives the alien look).  Arms are out to the sides right under the head with the torso to the left side


Everything looked great & it was really fun for us to get to see more than just a little "smudge", and to get to see the little baby moving all over the screen.

I had been telling Kate that we were going to get to see the baby on the TV, and when the doctor pulled it up, she said, "Oh, Mommy!  There's the baby!  Isn't it so cuuuuute??!?"  Ha!  I just loved it.  I definitely don't think she gets it yet.  I think until I start to show or she can feel the baby move in there she won't really get it.  When asked if she wants a brother or a sister, she usually answers sister originally, but changes it to brother before the conversation is over.  It'll be fun having her understand things more this time.


On a me update - I don't even feel pregnant.  This has definitely been the easiest so far!  A **little** nausea a couple times, and I'm somewhat tired, but I don't think anymore tired than I was just having 2 little kids.  No heartburn, no crazy dreams or even getting up in the night to go potty, which I had all at this point with Hannah.  Maybe that means it's a boy??  Maybe??

No comments: