Sunday, September 25, 2011

College Station for the Night

Since David was going to be out of town for the weekend, I talked my mom into riding along with my Dad & brother when they went to College Station for the day for the Aggie game.  I decided to head up the night before & stay with a college friend instead of trying to make a day trip with the girls.  She decided to come up on Friday night too, since her best friend from junior high was in town from New Jersey, so we made a girls' weekend out of it!

It was an ADVENTURE from the beginning!  About an hour and a half there, I realized I had left our suitcase at home.  Yes, our suitcase.  With all our clothes, the baby monitor, the diapers - you know, just the important stuff :-)  I decided not to let it bother me, laughed it off with my mom & planned a trip for a few essentials to Target when I got to town - it was just overnight after all!  

 After a great dinner at Blue Baker with the girls, my mom & Peggy, I met up with Kate Coleman to visit (& get her help in restocking at Target!).  So great to catch up & be reminded of the joys and struggles of college.



I spent the night fighting for space in a bed with my 2-year-old, but thankful for such welcoming hosts.  

After a little morning shopping, we met up with my Dad & brother for a classic lunch at Chicken Oil Co.  

Kate shared her Momma's love for fried pickles :-)


Add caption



We spent the rest of the day shopping, having the girls' pictures taken (another post to come) and just enjoying being together.  I loved getting to spend time with my mom & I know the girls felt the same way!


At our last stop before I left town (about an hour past naptime at this point!), we tried to get a picture of the girls with my mom in the CUTE outfits she brought them (good thing since I forgot their clothes!), and they were delirious!  Made for some fun pictures though!







1 comment:

RanAshKenCoop said...

Love those outfits! And love trips to College Station! Also, I love your new blog background. It reminds me of David singing..." I love you, a bushel and a....peck!" Ha! Fun times!