Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy 9 Months, Hannah!

This month Hannah...


--FINALLY gets herself from standing to sitting.  She had such a hard time with this - even though she was capable, she was so scared - but now moves easily.  I think it's because she's a little more cautious than Kate every was.

--started having a little separation anxiety.  It's not too bad, but she's cried a few times when we drop her off at the church nursery or if someone else is holding her while I'm around.

--learned to play peek-a-boo.  Will have to get a video of this one up.  She loves putting a blanket in front of her face to do it!

--standing independently for very short amounts of time.  She's more scared than unbalanced.  She gets super nervous when she realizes she's doing it, then quickly sits down.

--so much more stable in general - less falls (although, they still happen), but looking more an more like a pre-toddler than a baby.  One in just 3 months.  Seriously?

--YELLS when she wants something (usually more food!) - no signing for this girl yet.  Kate got it before turning 10 months, so maybe it's coming soon?  who knows!

--finally started picking up the finger foods that are wet.  She's fed herself Cheerios & puffs for a few months, but she always acted weird about bananas or avacado or whatever - a texture thing I guess, but finally she picked them up this month!  A new level of independence!!

--also mastered the "pincher" grasp instead of picking up handfuls of food

--more finger foods - green beans, sweet potato, melon - I don't puree anything anymore!

--mimics noises we make.  Her favorite is to say "da-da-da-da-da" in a high-pitched voice

--busy, busy busy!  She is all over the place, never sitting still for long.

--still not as good a sleeper in the car as your sister was, but I've figured out if I blast the air conditioner it  acts as some white noise & you sleep longer when we travel.

--is CRAZY in the bathtub - even if we just put an inch of water, she still manages to choke on it somehow.  She's all over the place.  She loves to splash both in the bathtub & the pool

--still just 2 teeth, but I think I can see some bulging on the top.

--6-9 or 6-12 months clothes, Size 3 diapers


No comments: