Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our First Date

Last week I remembered that "Winnie the Pooh" was playing at our dollar theatre & had mentioned to David that I was going to take the girls & was asking if he though Hannah would bother people.  He suggested that I go after work one day & just take Kate on a special date.  I loved the idea, and we had SO MUCH FUN!  It was the perfect first date!

First, I took her to get some movie candy.  She was SO excited.  She kept saying "tandy?!?!  I get tandy?!?!"

having a hard time deciding which one!
She finally picked a push pop - she'd never had one, but it was pink, so in her mind it couldn't be bad :-)

After we had our candy, we headed over to the theatre.  Here she is with her ticket...
paying for our tickets
 Then we found our seats...

 She quickly decided she didn't like that the seats folded back & forth and moved to my lap...
...which made my day!
I had promised popcorn & $7 later we had it!  (Seriously...  $1.50 for the movie ticket. $7 for the popcorn!)
She loved every minute of it AND it kept her quiet!
enjoying her push-pop

Afterwards we finished the way all girls' nights should - shopping! 

BUT, the best part was on the way home.  No matter how many times I told her, she just can't make it make sense that the guy's name is Winnie the Pooh...




She wasn't familiar with Pooh at all, and still if I show her a picture of him, she refers to him as "Poop" or "Poo-poo".  I could not stop laughing.

I had so much fun enjoying a night with just my big girl & am looking forward to making this a tradition!!

1 comment:

courtney said...

So fun. We took our kids to the movie for the first time this past weekend. We also bought popcorn for 7.50 but our tickets for all 4 of us only cost 6.00. Cooper isn't so ready for the movies. Ha. He was ok but I don't think I can do it again, with him, for awhile.
Glad you girls had fun. Wish we lived closer so we could take the girls together.