While my parents were in town, they encouraged us to take advantage of them being there & go on a date - and you don't have to tell us twice! It was my first time to leave Hannah & I was so nervous! I kept laughing at myself, because with Kate, I think I was so ready for a break I just left and got out of the house as soon as my mom offered. David & I just went to dinner, got ice cream, & watched a movie, and I think I texted my mom about 20 times checking in on things or reminding her of silly things like burping Hannah halfway through her bottle (like she didn't know!). I think this 2nd time around I'm so aware of how fast all this is going to pass I feel more attached to this baby stage.
Hannah has been a nursing champ from the get-go, but you always hear about babies who won't take bottles, so I wasn't sure how it would go. I was nervous not to be there for the first time, but she did GREAT! Mom said it took her a couple little tries to realize she needed to suck on it, but with a little help, she got it & didn't stop!
David & I really enjoyed the time to ourselves, and it was reassuring to know Hannah will survive without me for a few hours. Big thanks to Nana & Poppa for letting us have that time!
1 comment:
I'm so glad it was a success! I still haven't done a bottle with Judson (mainly because I'm lazy), but I did finally buy one, so I'm a little closer. :-) Glad you guys had a great night out! :-)
Post a Comment