A day late, but that's close! I'm learning quickly how fast I am forgetting things that Kate did, and I'm sure I will with Hannah, so I'm going to do my best to keep a good record!
At 2 weeks, Hannah...
--sleeps GREAT! I have another baby who seems to love a schedule! I am so grateful. She requires not help going to sleep - I just lay her down & walk away! So far she sleeps everywhere - car seat, swing, bouncy seat, crib, cradle, etc.
--she does love to be swaddled. Her startle reflex was quite strong when she was first born, and has lessened, but she sleeps twice as long when she is.
--eats GREAT! She is feeding about every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day. Sometimes, she is more interested in the side that's closer to 2-2 1/2. At night, she is going at least one 4 hour stretch. I'm really hoping when I go for her check-up on Tuesday they tell me I can let her sleep until she wakes up at night. This waking a baby to eat thing is not my favorite thing. I'll keep doing it if that's what's best for her, but I do hate it. She started out feeding 40 total minutes, but has scaled back to 20-30.
--part of being a great sleeper is that is hard to wake her up to eat - her feeds take about 45 minutes & only about 20-30 of that is feeding. The rest is me trying to keep her awake enough to eat!
--often has her feet crossed - just like her sister!
--has really gained head control - pushes up while on her belly. Can move her head from side to side & looks all around.
--is growing in alertness when she is actually awake!
--rarely fusses - she'll cry out once or so if she's hungry.
--I had her weighed at 1 week, and she had regained her birth weight already! With her clothes on she was 10lbs 2 oz. Probably about 9lb 14 oz without clothes. Looking forward to hearing what she is on Tuesday!
--usually keeps her hands up next to her face, almost looking posed. Very pretty!
--is looking less and less like her sister - maybe I actually got one who looks like me? Ill be posting pics to let you decide soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment