We did it! I'm pretty sure most people thought we were crazy when we put our house on the market planning on selling within a month. Well, we did it. We put our house on the market June 2nd. We had an offer June 5th!!! We accepted & set our closing for July 14th. Well, we moved out on Saturday & closed yesterday - July 13th.

It was a crazy process of packing everyday, moving in many different "shifts". David took different loads of boxes many different nights & had friends help him move furniture several different times.
My mom came in last Monday to bring Kate back, and stayed for almost a week to help me get the last minute stuff out, unpack the new apartment & help with Kate during the move. I COULD NOT have made it without her. It was great having her here. Now, if only I could finish these last 5 boxes that are left...
This was our makeshift place to sit once all the furniture was gone...

Signing a million papers...

For the next 4ish months, we are living in the apartment above the pool house at David's parents house. It's such a blessing to have a place to live while we build where we are comfortable. They have been so gracious letting us stuff our extra clothes in some of their closets, putting our couch downstairs when it wouldn't fit in storage, etc. We are so thankful.
So, hopefully the house will be done before December. It's a great place to live in the mean time...just not where I want to bring a baby home to...
1 comment:
Aww, the picture of you and David together is a little sad...I mean, you'll never be in that house again!! But I guess at least you know you'll be moving on to bigger and better. :)
Post a Comment