Sunday, April 11, 2010

I.Love.Camping.

Camping makes me happy inside. I had been begging David to go camping, but he wasn't so sure about the idea of a toddler, the woods, a fire & a tent. I finally convinced him when our friends the Bergmans agreed to go - AND they brought Bethany's parents too! We made plans to head to Daingerfield State Park for Friday & Saturday night. The same week, we got an email from our small group that some other family's would be there as well - so fun! Kate & I headed out early Friday with the Johnsons & Bethany while the boys finished the work day.

The boys weren't sad that we set up the tents before they got there...

The kids did SO GREAT! The first day they stayed right around us. Playing in tents...with toys...reading books, etc.




Stuck!
We went for a walk on the pier...

I let Kate put her feet in. Right after this picture she face planted in the water. In her clothes. Mom of the year.
Our redneck children. Did I mention I love camping?? There is no telling how much dirt they ate that weekend!
I just love being outside with my favorite things...

reading,

relaxing,

night time campfires complete with s'mores,

hikes in the woods,
precious friends,
blossoming love,
PRECIOUS faces,
I mean, is she not the cutest??
my favorite people,
Family.


We ended up packing up on Saturday & heading back at 9 o'clock that night. It was a much better night's sleep :) I can't wait to go next spring with a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 month old!!! So fun!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Ha, I absolutely love the "redneck children" picture. Perhaps one day that one will end up on a wedding slideshow... :-) That is hilarious.

I am assuming that was sarcasm when you said next year you would camp with a 5 month old?! Yikes! I'm so not that brave. I say that have to be walking so they don't just sit in the dirt and eat it or sit on my lap and make me sweat. :-)

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Chris McGee said...

How have I not known all these years that you love camping??? I love camping too, and no one I know will go anymore because they all have kids.

Looks like everyone had a blast, and the camping spot was beautiful.