Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy 16 Months, Kate!



Where are these months going??? So fast!

This month Kate:

--more new teeth - The top right (next to the middle) and the top molars have broken through - not all the way down - but I think I see all 4 corners on both teeth now. Bottom molars are bulging!

--new words: "duckeee" duck, "Moomaa or Moomee" movie (ever since we went to Austin a few weeks ago & she watched them in the car it's ALL she talks about. I hear this at LEAST 10 times a day!), changed from "Dada" to "Daddee", "baba" - this one goes for both bananas & blankets so I just have to check what she's pointing at, "peese" please, "dow" down (I think this was last month, but I forgot to write it down), growls like a lion

--dropped her 4th milk feeding - a little late, but we got there :)

--trying to repeat a lot of things again. Seems like last month she just wanted to say the things she knew - wouldn't repeat when prompted, but now she wants to try to say EVERYTHING.

--also started making animal sounds again - wouldn't at all last month - her favorites are meow & growling for the Tigers & lions. I'll post a video soon...

--if you say "I...love..." she'll finish it with "uuuu"

--learned "Deep & Wide" motions - walks up to me multiple times a day doing the motions so I'll sing it. Also does this by pointing her finger up for me to sing "This little light of mine"

--says "no" very clear, ususally with LOTS of emotion (good & bad!) - and FREQUENTLY!

--same sleeping - wonder how long I can hold onto this two nap deal??

--says "MMM" when you ask her if something is good

--is much more stable in her walking/climbing. She learned to sit down at the edge of a step to get down off of it & can step up by holding onto things around her, instead of crawling when she's unstable

---LOVES LOVES LOVES to be outside. Just this morning I went and sat at the end of the sidewalk & she just made laps up & down it, all around me. She is ALWAYS on the move.

--spends a lot of time reading books

--taps her fingers when she's watching something.

--wants to sit and watch cartoons more. Definitely can't just have the TV on in the background anymore. She used to ignore it...not anymore!

--says "dow doe" (down low) and puts her hand down after you say "high five!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, you are such a smart, big girl! Nana loves and misses you!

The Armstrong Family said...

Such a doll! Can't believe how grown up she is.