Sunday, May 13, 2012

Baby Update

Even though I'm not through catching up from March, (though I am DETERMINED to do it in the next 2 weeks!), I thought I'd give a little pregnancy update since I haven't done that in FOREVER.


As of this past Friday, we have 3 weeks left! Crazy, crazy.  I think with 2 other little kids running around it's pretty typical that this pregnancy has flown by.   It's been really great too - barely any heartburn, no contractions (well, maybe a couple when I had to rescue Hannah from almost falling in a creek & a bed of ants - but those are other posts.  Running at full speed at 36 weeks will do that to ya!)  But really, so far my easiest.  In fact, as I neared the last month, people began asking me if I was ready to be done, and my honest answer was that I felt fine, and really I knew how hard the other side was so I was content to be pregnant for awhile longer.  Well, somewhere in the last 2 weeks, there's a shift.  Although this is still pretty easy as far as pregnancies go, I'm not sleeping much anymore & I'm generally uncomfortable, so I think I'll definitely be ready!

This past Wednesday my OB started checking me for progress & I have none which really is best for me since I'd like to make it to my planned c-section - which is scheduled for June 1st at 9:30!

She doesn't guess baby weights like some Dr.s do, but I told her David thought that this one would be 10lb 6oz and she was shocked.  She didn't think it would be that big, but in her words, "You always hide your babies well.  I never think you'll have a big one, and then out come these 9 lb babies."  I think I'll take that as a compliment, thankyouverymuch!

A few other baby tidbits - she is breech.  This isn't a big deal since I am going to have a c-section anyway.  Supposedly it's supposed to be more comfortable to carry this way.  I'm not convinced!  Her hands are all up under my ribs & her feet push my hips out often.  I'm pretty sure when you're 37 weeks pregnant with a baby that is likely 8lbs already there's not a real comfortable way to carry it.  :-)

I also found out this week that I am anemic.  I had blood work done on Wednesday & they called me right away and told me I needed to get a prescription filled for an iron supplement.  I asked if I could just up my over the counter dose (my levels were on the "low" side earlier in pregnancy, but not in the anemic range), and she assured me that it wasn't enough.  I haven't talked to my doctor yet (I go again on Wednesday), but hopefully we can get everything all regulated before I go into surgery.  This does explain why I feel like I've just been running all the time & why I'm often dizzy.  Also, makes me feel validated for eating cup after cup of ice everyday!


If you've made it through my rambling, I think that makes you thoroughly caught up on where I am as far as pregnancy goes. :-)  I haven't even gotten a single baby thing down from the attic, but that's what the last 3 weeks are for anyway - right?!?



No comments: