Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Now Introducing!

Picking a name for Kate was so easy! We had two to choose from & it was instant once we found out it was a girl that we just knew she'd be Kathryn Elizabeth. Her spunky little personality has kept her a "Kate" more often - but we still love her name.

This little girl on the other hand we struggled with a little more. I'm the type that wants to have the name picked out from the beginning & ready to go as soon as we find out what it is. I think a combination of me being convinced I was having a boy & this being the 2nd girl name we've had to pick made it a little tougher. We ended up choosing the one we had from the beginning, but I had just wanted to make sure we checked through all the other names out there to be sure.

But...

...we have finally settled on a name.

So, without further adieu, this December

Hannah Lynn Mitchell

will join our family.

Hannah...
David & I have always both loved the name Hannah, and her story in the Bible was something we clung tight to when we struggled to get pregnant with Kate. It is so refreshing & encouraging a reminder that our children are gifts - only to be dedicated and "given" back to the Lord.

Lynn..
Lynn is my mom's middle name. We loved wanted to use it the first time, but Kathryn Lynn was too many Y's & N's. :-)

Her name sounds so sweet to us & we have already started praying that she will be also! I pray often that her heart will be a soft & gentle one. That she will be patient, loving, & full of grace. We can't wait to meet this little girl!


4 comments:

Lovin' From My Oven said...

NEITHER CAN WE. I LOVE THE NAME.

Janette said...

Love it!! I was hoping when I saw your title that this was going to be a post including a baby name. :)

Mer said...

Aww...I love this post! Hannah has ALWAYS been one of my favorite name. It just oozes God's grace, love, and provision for His children. Love it! So exciting!

Courtney said...

Yay! I can't wait to meet Hannah!