Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's all in the details...

My mom came to town early & help me implement the ideas that had been swimming in my head. I didn't want to spend much money (I mean she is only one. She won't remember it...or so David keeps reminding me...). I had made all of it & she was great helping me decorate!

There were groups of these pom-poms hanging all over - from the ceiling, from the lights, etc.

The gift table & cupcakes...


The cupcakes had little papers in them that said "Happy Birthday Kate" with a 1 in the middle.

We spread pictures all around the room of Kate from throughout the year...

I also made a banner for the fireplace (see the background of the above pictures) and used the Hobby Lobby letters from her pictures on the mantle (mom's idea!)

Her highchair had a banner too...
Her shirt is appliqued with a pink one & her name embroidered across it (with bib to match, since we all know my kid can't wear a bib or else she'll look like someone took a waterhose to her). And her outfit finished off with an adorable little mini skirt under a girly tu-tu!
David cooked the burgers & we had cupcakes for dessert.







The kids played with some of Kate's toys from home & in this "ball pit"....


I *might* have gotten in too...



She opened her gifts...


It was a relaxed time that we really enjoyed with our friends and family! Thank you everyone for coming!!!




Next up: Kate's chair picture & monthly update!!!

No comments: