Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy 5 Months Kate!



This month Kate:

--learned to play in her jumperoo

--talks & babbles all the time - she makes even more new sounds including blowing raspberries, d's, g's, clicking her tongue




--found her thumb - still just chews, no sucking

--found her feet & LOVES to play with them

--has transitioned out of being completely swaddled. At this point, she only has her legs swaddled at night. Her naps are swaddle free. Hopefully, we'll completely kick that habit this week!



--which means she now sleeps on her tummy

--moves all around her crib during the night

--rolled over from back to front
--laughs even more
--can sit with little support - but I don't go far, since she still topples over easily when she gets distracted!



--loves to play peek-a-boo

--wishes she could crawl so bad! she swims her arms and legs, pulls her knees up, and works so hard, and it gets her nowhere!

--holds her toys & picks them up when she wants them

4 comments:

The Bynum's said...

Amy she is such a doll with a bright and beautiful smile that looks like her mommas. You take great pictures of her. Hope all is going well for you!

Mommy Lion said...

Isn't it amazing how much they learn in such a few short months! I love the sitting stage. I always thought my 6 month pics of the kids were the best. Sitting, but not crawling! *smile* You are doing a great job of enjoying every stage! Keep up the good work. Hope you had a great mother's day!

Dani said...

I think that one picture of her sleeping is the only time I have ever seen Kate without a bow on her head. :)

Anonymous said...

She just makes me laugh! What she needs is just a little more personality! What a precious angel!
I can really see some of Mommy's expressions in that little girl's face and eyes.