Friday, June 1, 2012

Natalie's Birth Story

After a crazy week, it is refreshing to not have a dramatic story to tell for Natalie's birth!  Lots of details here for my memory - but some fun pictures too!

Just a few short hours (really...less than 12), we were walking back through the hospital doors!  My c-section was scheduled for 9:30, so we got there around 7:30.  I have never been so thankful for David feeling better!

We got me hooked up to the monitors, and settled in for a little wait.  Shortly, we found out it wasn't going to be such a short wait.  Someone had come in in labor & they bumped us to a later time - should be just an hour or so more.  I was SO THIRSTY!!  Then, we found out my OB was going to be in another surgery during that time, so we were bumped another hour!

All this time, my labor starts picking up! I hadn't had many contractions before that morning, but the longer I laid in the hospital bed, the stronger and closer together they got!  So much so, that my OB went ahead and checked me.  The good news is I still hadn't progressed at all, so nothing to worry about...just uncomfortable.   A crazy thing - she had checked me just 3 days before this & Natalie was breech - but today - head down!



We had visits from family to help the time pass...











...and then it was finally time to go!  Something that was different this time was that my dr. was willing to allow an extra person into the operating room.  We decided to invite my mom in & she was super excited!!

David & my mom in their scrubs
Part of the fun of having another person in there were some pictures we didn't usually get!


You may notice the little container next to me in the picture above.  When they did my spinal tap, he gave me a little extra dose because with Hannah it wore off too fast, and it made my blood pressure crash REALLY bad.  It was definitely the only negative part to my experience & a side effect was that I was on the edge of throwing up.  I definitely didn't want to & was thankful I didn't!  But I got close enough that the anesthesiologist was ready!

Shortly after David & my mom got there they pulled out our biggest baby yet!  Yep!  That scale says 10lb 7.3 ounces!  21 inches long. 12:20pm

They had to clear lots of fluid from her when she came out - which also resulted in some of our blood mixing of my blood with hers.  Since I have O & she didn't, this could've potentially caused some problems, but thankfully did not!











Like I said, pretty uneventful!  They sewed me up, and I was quickly able to hold her & feed her.  We are so thankful for another healthy baby girl!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Such fun pictures! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly. :)