Friday, December 24, 2010

Hospital Stay

We had a great hospital stay this time! In fact I told David I could've stayed one more night! We were able to get one of the deluxe suites again, so we had plenty room to spread out (and for big sister to play!).

I faced a small difficulty when my doctor didn't come by the next morning to approve me getting my IV out. Turns out that she had started with Hannah & was still in the process of delivering something like 9 babies in 24 hours! I had hit my limit for some reason (I can blame it on hormones - right?), and had a small meltdown when the nurse told me she couldn't take it out, but after a few tears she found away around not having orders and had it out of my arm! A shower hadn't ever felt better!!

The rest of our stay went without any problems. Hannah would stay with us all day, then go back to the nursery between feedings at night. We found out that in February this would all change and babies are going to room in at night - so we were glad we made the cut off! We like to take advantage of the nurses' help!

Kate did great while there - she would take walks around the halls when needed and we had a little bag packed with toys for her to play with just while she was there. I wondered how me being in a hospital bed would affect her & she didn't seem to notice at all. So thankful! More to come on what she thinks of her new baby sister!

I'll leave you with some pictures of our time in the hospital...




No comments: