Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hannah's Song

We started a tradition with Kate of picking a hymn to be "her song". Our prayer is that for our children is that as they grow the words of the songs will become real & true in their lives and words that they remember easily and trust.

I picked Kate's song (Great is Thy Faithfulness) because it had meant so much to me during the time I was trying to get pregnant. The words were precious as I sang them to her many nights & are often a great reminder as I hold her & sing them over her during times when I'm not sure how to discipline or she needs comfort. It is amazing how she almost instantly gets quiet when I sing it.

In honor of only having a month left, I thought I'd share the song we've chosen for Hannah.

  1. Take My Life

    Take my life and let it be
    Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
    Take my moments and my days,
    Let them flow in endless praise.
  2. Take my hands and let them move
    At the impulse of Thy love.
    Take my feet and let them be
    Swift and beautiful for Thee.
  3. Take my voice and let me sing,
    Always, only for my King.
    Take my lips and let them be
    Filled with messages from Thee.
  4. Take my silver and my gold,
    Not a mite would I withhold.
    Take my intellect and use
    Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
  5. Take my will and make it Thine,
    It shall be no longer mine.
    Take my heart, it is Thine own,
    It shall be Thy royal throne.
  6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
    At Thy feet its treasure store.
    Take myself and I will be
    Ever, only, all for Thee.


    David chose Hannah's song & I just love what he chose! I already sing it to her often & can't wait to spend those quiet hours in the middle of the night, just us & these words.

1 comment:

Mer said...

Very sweet post...thanks for sharing. What a perfect hymn:)