...that being a mom would be the most selfless job I'd ever had.

I am sure I haven't even had a small taste of what this will be in my life, but I am so thankful for the example I have been given. I am 27 years old, and mom is still an amazing example of what it means to sacrifice for her children.

She has let me sleep until it was time to feed Kate, and sacrificed sleep herself.
She has kept her while I ran to the store.
She has sat with me while I nursed at 4:14 in the morning.
She brought me water in the middle of the night while I nursed.
She babysat so David and I could go on a date.
She stayed up in the night, even though she had to go back to work.
I didn't do the dishes once while she was here.
She changed MANY dirty diapers!
She dressed Kate.
She assured me I was doing a good job when I wasn't sure.
She cleaned up after dinner.
She took down all my Christmas stuff - AND put it away!
She reminded me to take naps.
She loved Kate as much as I do (almost!)
She laughed with me when no one else would've.
She prays for Kate and for me.
The list goes on and on, but I am sure you can already see how amazing my mom has been. Thank you Nana for loving us so much! See you in 16 days!
P.S. For those of you demanding more pictures - I've returned from my blogging break - so check back soon!!
5 comments:
Such a sweet post!! And so true! It has been so much fun watching my mom with Kendall and I'm so glad you have your mom to do those same things for you. And Cheryl, you look great holding that baby!!! Such a good Nana.
And I am so happy you are back to blogging! I have been needing some new posts!! :) Love you guys.
What a great example! I'm sure you will fill those shoes and more!
I agree...this was a very sweet post. I have a feeling that once your mom reads it, it'll bring tears to her eyes. And I know what you mean. I only hope I'll be as great for Karys when she becomes a mom as my mom was for me. :)
Your post made me cry because it brought back memories of when mine were newborn and my mom was such a huge help and encouragement. It's hard having a little one that needs all your time and effort and energy. What a blessing that you have such a loving, supportive mom. It makes all the difference. Truly. Kate is blessed to have such a sweet Nana, too. :-)
What a joy to see you and David with precious Kathryn Elizabeth! You are both such "naturals"! Thank you for sharing such a sweet time with Poppa & Nana! We love you...and we love our web-cam!
Post a Comment