
This past week, Kate had her first road trip. David got to go to Las Vegas for a business trip (the National Builder's Conference), which he asked my Dad to join him on, so Kate and I made the trip to Austin.
We left Longview on Tuesday morning, she slept all the way to Dallas, where we dropped David at the airport. I fed her in Dallas, then headed down I-35. She made it all the way to Temple before she decided she was both hungry and done with the car. This worked out well, since my grandmother was bringing my mom to meet me in Temple, so that I would have someone to ride with me the rest of the way. (And, let's just be honest she couldn't stand not coming as soon as she could to see Kate!)
Our trip to Austin was crazy - but fun - everyone was dying to meet baby Kate. We hung out at my parents house, had a "Come Meet Kate" party, visited Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents, shopped, etc. We also had Kate & Connor's pictures made, but all those things will have to wait for another post - we're headed to the doctor for my six-week check up.

Kate and her cousin Connor
For now, I'll leave you with some pictures from our trip.

4 generations - My mom, my grandfather (her dad), Me, & Kate

Kristin, Cole, Me & our kids

4 generations - My grandmother (mom's mom), me, Kate & my Mom
6 comments:
Looks like you had fun. She's so precious! You need to call me asap. I've tried calling you twice now.
oh my gosh, that first picture of Kate (close-up at the top) looks exactly like David. Ridiculously.
-Bethany
Yes, she is becoming quite the little David. :)
Amy, she is getting SO BIG! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you again! Tell Kate we love her!
Kris
A+! You are doing so great. I don't think I left the house much less by myself! Glad you got to visit with family, it's so fun showing off the new baby!
I like how you and your sister-in-law traded kids to hold in the picture. :) I'm with Christy...good for you for making such a long trip by yourself with such a little girl!
Post a Comment