Saturday, January 17, 2009

Girl's got some hair!


Not that we're suprised, considering both of her parents have got a serious head of hair. When we were both born, neither one of us had any hair though. Kate's hair is much thicker in the back than it is in the front...and it is some CRAZY hair. She has David's double cowlicks (yes i googled how to spell that word!). They spin in opposite directions on the top of her head - leaving her with hair like this after a bath. It takes at least 24 hours and lots of smoothing out by Mom to get that hair to lay down.

We've also started noticing a reddish tint to her hair. If you just look at her, you wouldn't see it - it just looks light brown - but check out this picture with her hair next to mine. Who knows if this will be the hair she ends up with - or if it'll fall out - but it's pretty for now :)


*please excuse the double-chin. not so cute ;)*

6 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

She's such a doll. Love the red tint. And don't worry about the double chin ~ we all have it! I have learned a great trick to keep it from happening in pics! I'll teach you! *wink*

Janette said...

Amy, you crack me up with your "double chin" comment. :) You're supposed to have pictures taken from slightly above you to keep that from happening. Don't know if that was Christy's trick or not. :) And Kate just gets cuter and cuter every time I see her and I definitely see the red tint. :)

Mer said...

Hey Amy! I just found your blog from mamma lion's blog. Baby Kate is so pretty. My favorite pic is the one of her sleeping on her side with her blanky on her....very sweet. You look great...I didn't look like that at the one month mark! She's beautiful..congratulations.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. You are such a wonderful Mom. I loved the pictures of Kate with Nana. Have fun in Austin.
Jackie

MMm&m said...

You are such a pretty Mama and have such a pretty little Kate! Enjoying the pics!

Anonymous said...

I saw the recent pictures of Kate and Connor on Cole and Kristin's blogsite. Connor is a real cutie, and Kate is adorable. She has such big bright eyes! I see the red tint that you mentioned. You know red hair that stays for good is bound to show up again in a Mitchell someday.

Love,
Aunt Nancy