Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our Babymoon

Look closely - you can see the monuments in the background

This past week we have been in Washington DC. We began talking about going to DC a couple years ago, and finally had planned it for this past summer. When I decided to not to go back to work this year, we decided to wait and go to in the fall to avoid the heat. We just got back tonight, and it's back to the real world. I always hate coming back to the real world.





It was a wonderful vacation - full of fun things to see & visit, sleeping late, shopping, eating, ordering dessert after dinner every night, fantastic weather, and did I mention walking???





We walked at least 2 miles (sometimes up to 5 or 6) everyday. It was great, but we were DEAD at the end of the day. This pregnant woman's feet screamed for a hot bath every night. I survived though, and I'm so glad we had the chance to go on our "babymoon" before Kate joins our family.





We had many fun adventures on our trip, but too many to add in one post, so be looking back over the next few days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture of both of you! Washington DC is one of my favorite vacations ever, especially when the weather is so nice (we went in the early spring). I came into white oak this weekend and was a little bummed that you guys weren't there but I'm glad ya'll had a great trip! miss you
- Aunt Bethany :)

Janette said...

You look so cute in that picture...you actually can't even tell you're pregnant!

Courtney said...

Looks like you had fun. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I'm impressed with all of the walking you did.