Monday, August 25, 2008

Baby's got a name

I thought word had spread, but as I continued to get asked this question I thought it would be appropriate to announce on our baby's blog what our baby's name is. We had a good list of names, but as soon as we found out it was a girl one of our choices just stood out to us...

Kathryn

I remembered David telling me he liked this name long before we ever were expecting a baby. It is also special because it is his maternal grandmother's (who passed away when Judy was young) name. Her's was spelled a little different - but same name :) We love the name, but will probably call her Kate a lot. We don't mind what you choose to call her.

We struggled a little more with a middle name. I never thought so before, but now I'm convinced middle names are strange. It has to be a name you like well enough to give it to your child, but not a name you like so much you might want to use it on another girl (should you have another one). We don't like the "unique" names very much. So, we waded through all the standard nicknames - Nicole, Michelle, Anne, etc. Nothing jumped out. But, since we decided to go with just a generic middle name, we decided that we might as well stick with something that meant something to us.
And so, we have given Kathryn the middle name...

Elizabeth

Elizabeth is my middle name. I always liked it - I liked that it had a Z in it...not that many names do :)

There you have it...our baby has a name.

Kathryn "Kate" Elizabeth Mitchell

3 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

I love the name! I'm sure it will suit her well. Y'all are getting so much accomplished.

Janette said...

I love it too! And our babies will share middle names...gotta love that! :)

Mandy said...

ahem...Aunt Mandy's middle name is Elizabeth, too. I thought maybe you were going to name her after me - I forgot Amy's middle name was Elizabeth, too.