Yesterday, David and I went to the doctor for the 5000th time for a check-up. (yes, he goes to all the appointments...isn't he the best!) She did the standard listening for the heartbeat & measuring my ever-growing belly, but we also got all the results back from our last ultrasound where they had measured all the different anatomy of the baby.
Everything looked great - as they call it "intact" - so another good report for baby Kate. According to their measurements at the time of the ultrasound I was 22 weeks 3 days - which would've put my due date at 12/5. From the due date they had originally given me (somewhere b/t the 12th & 14th) I was only supposed to be 21 weeks 3 days.
Dr. Martin says we'll just go back to the very first due date they ever gave me when I first called and told them I had a positive pregnancy test - December 9th. I asked why we didn't go with the December 5th that the ultrasound had estimated, and she said that at this point, it's probably just that the baby is measuring a little big (WHO'S SURPRISED??) and that's why the date shows a little earlier. So, December 9th it is. She said we won't change it again. I told her I didn't mind the change as long as we were moving backwards :)
I go back to the doctor in two weeks to do the dreaded glucose test. She already gave me my orange drink - yuck! It will also be a lovely appointment because I have to get a Rogam shot. This is because David and I have differing blood types. Mine is negative & his is positive and apparently when it comes to babies, the two don't mix :)
So, all in one appointment I get to drink a yucky drink, get blood drawn, and get a shot. All worth it for this little one, but I think I'll deserve a prize afterwards.
Oh yeah - the baby furniture is in! YIPEE!!! We're supposed to pick it up tomorrow!
1 comment:
Remember what I told you: the drink is no big deal at all. Just like a flat Sunkist. :)
Post a Comment