Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy 1 Month, Natalie!

Already a month old!  I was telling my family that I just can't believe we're already in July.  I guess when you sleep through the first two weeks of a month it will speed by!  We are loving having sweet Natalie in our family & can't believe she's been with us a whole month.  A perfect addition to our family, it's as if she's always been here.  The transition to 3 has not been difficult up until now, but definitely required some adjusting & figuring out who is going to hold whose hand!



This Month Natalie...


--sleeps better each week.  She usually does one long stretch - 5-6.5 hours at the beginning of the night, then is up around the same time as the girls (8 or 8:30) for another feeding.  I can do getting up only once!  Not too bad!  I do look forward to the day where I get to sleep 8 hours straight again.  Kate did it at 6 weeks & Hannah closer to 8, so hopefully not too much longer!

--takes a paci to be soothed, but falls asleep without it in.  Has also found her thumb a few times (much to my chagrin...oh well)

--on a great day time schedule - eats every 3 hours (has since birth).  She's usually away for about 45 min or so (including the feeding time) before heading back to sleep some more!

--easily soothed.  barely any crying so far from this little girl.  More than Hannah, since H was basically silent as far as crying goes.  But, if she's crying in the car she stop as soon as the car goes, and stops as soon as someone is able to pick her up if not in the car.

--doesn't like being laid down by herself.  If someone is sitting right there she doesn't mind it, but get up and walk away and she'll tell you just what she thinks of that

--LOVES to be swaddled.  In the first couple weeks she couldn't even really ever be settled without it.  I guess when you are 10.5 lbs you're used to being all squished up!

--transitioned to sz 1 diapers last week.  still mostly newborn clothes, but some 0-3

--started smiling - mostly at Daddy.  so not fair!

--weighed her last Wednesday at Hannah's well-check and she was up over a pound in 10 days - right at 12lbs!

No comments: