Monday, May 16, 2011

Hannah's Dedication

"Behold, children are a gift from the Lord..." 
Psalm 127

This past Sunday, we had the opportunity to have a baby dedication at our church for Hannah.  It was a great time of remembering that she is a gift that we've been trusted with for a time.  God has been so good to I, blessing us with 2 beautiful girls (although, I do remind him we wouldn't mind adding a little boy to this family either! ha!!).  I think from the moment I got pregnant it was easy to try to figure out how to "control" things, or do everything I could do in order to protect my babies & make sure everything was perfect for them.  If I had let it, the worries could have begun & never ended - miscarriage, SIDS, this list goes on.  But, each time my thoughts began to go there, a quiet whisper settled in my heart, "I love her more than you can."  What a peace that brings - as much as I love my girls, He loves them more than I even can.  

So, on this day, we stopped to recognize that  - to acknowledge that she's only ours for a time.  To commit to raising her in a home that loves the Lord & helping to point her in that direction.


Our pastor asked us a few questions...

Significance of her name - Hannah we just liked & Lynn is my mom's middle name

20 years down the road, what do we hope she's doing...

David shared that our hope for her is that she is walking with the Lord - no job can make us as happy as that.

                                      
                                         our family at church
After church, we had our families, our pastor & his wife & the Bergmans over for lunch to celebrate Hannah's special day.

Add caption













Hannah got to wear the same dress as Kate for her dedication that Poppa & Nana got for them!


My grandmother "Grandmommy" was able to come for the weekend to celebrate!


Our pastor - Jim Johnson with Hannah

No comments: