Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy 8 Months Kate!

I'm late this month with Kate's update, we were out of town, but are home now. Hopefully I'll finally start to get caught up!






What a month! I feel like Kate is turning into her own little person this month. She has DEFINITE opinions, shows her little independent personality often, and much much more. I just love getting to know her & am having so much fun being a mom. What a joy to watch this little girl grow & learn each day!


This month Kate...

--LOVES to be sung to & is starting to do some motions to songs - "If you're happy & you know it" - she claps...not every time...but usually, "This little light of mine" - she sticks up her pointer & especially loves when I blow on her finger for the verse about Satan blowing it out, "ABCs" - can stop any meltdown. The minute I sing it she's smiling & watching...it's hilarious.

--clapping

--crawling - and it gets faster everyday!


--turns her head when she doesn't want something

--is aware of loud sounds & is usually intially scared and jumps further into my arms, but gets over it soon: the garage door, the waves at the beach, etc.

--still haven't found anything this girl won't eat: added cheerios, peas & carrots to finger foods

--sleeping the same as last month - won't let go of that 3rd nap (although it's just 45 min now), but I'm not complaining!

--pulls up - on EVERYTHING! It started with just her crib, but now it's everything - her highchair, our legs, baskets, coffee tables, EVERYTHING!




--still just 2 teeth :)

--sits with her toes pointed most of the time
--is funny about textures - after she touches something or puts something in her mouth if it's a funny texture (sequins, paper, etc.) she does this funny little shuddering thing.


She had just put this paper in her mouth - here she is doing the little shuddering thing!


--gives kisses

--"Dances" - when we're in restraunts with music she tilts her head to the right over & over

--loves the bath even more now that she can crawl around & explore the whole bathtub

--points - not really at anything, just points :)


--reccognizes familiar faces

--when asked "Where's Daddy?" She will look all over until she finds him then squeals with glee - she ADORES him!




--seems to be pretty tough - we are having MANY falls now that she is crawling & pulling up (already 2 bruises!), but it takes a very hard one to bring any tears!



in this picture she has a bruise on her left cheek

--"sings" when one of her toys plays music. I'm not sure if it really is singing, but it sounds different than regular babbling & it sounds the same everytime!




Now that we're back from all our fun vacations, hopefully I'll get some new videos posted of her doing some new things: singing, motions to songs, dancing, etc.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy 8 Months Kate!! You are growing up so fast. We need to skype soon so I will be one of the familiar faces you recognize! :) Love you sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

What an angel! She makes me smile and/or laugh with every picture. Slow down, little girl, you are growing up too fast. But too much fun, too! We love you!

Jessica Frey Photography said...

Nice that she bruises like her momma...I hope Coach English would be proud! One day she may even get a 7 out of 10 and you'll be so proud :)